Leaving on a Jet Plane

Friday marks a first for me, as a mother. I am going to Chicago.  No big deal, huh?  Right... except it is without my husband and without my baby.  For two nights away, I'm feeling pretty calm.  I'm feeling pretty good. I'm feeling ready.

Why am I going to Chicago?  My best friend Lindsey moved to Chicago for grad school.  I'm proud of her and miss her. Starting Friday evening, I will be with my best friend, eating burgers and riding the train.  I am sure there will be ongoing conversations about our lives and, of course, it wouldn't be quality time with my bestie, if I didn't embarrass her a few times. I can't wait, I am going to be fine. Right?

Chicago is cold - I'm expecting an 11 degree kiss when I walk out of the airport. I'm packing for cold weather.  No cute dresses and tights, folks. Nope. We are talking the biggest,warmest saddest coat I have and all the scarves I can find.  Beyond that I have a few necessities I'm bringing as well to keep my skin hydrated as well as protected.  Here are the contents of my weekend bag- minus phone and keys.
  • Smashbox BB cream.  Obsessed.  Flawless finish. SPF 35. 
  • Sugar lip treatment in Berry.  This is hand down the best lip conditioner I have ever run into as far as daytime use goes.  SPF 15.  
  • Schwarzkopf Dust it.  This is a mattifying hair powder.  In the winter, I try to cut my shampoos down to about 1 to 2 a week.  This helps for the in between days by added texture,lift, and even eliminating some excess oils from the scalp.
  • Aveda Beautifying Composition. This is my daily body moisturizer.  It is such a light scent, so it never competes with my perfume, and it keeps my skin soft and hydrated all day.
  • Orbit Sweet Mint gum.  Yum. That is all.
  • Smashbox "blue eyes" palette.  I love bringing palettes with me for travel.  They generally have a brush that comes with the set, so it saves time, and my quality brushes from having to be lugged around all the time.
  • Pied the piper necklace.  I am not an accessory woman, I have tried.  I just am not. This is an easy necklace for me to wear and go, and it was a gift from my family after their trip to Germany.  So i like to keep  it close.
  • MAC Brow Set in Show off.  See that brown tube lying there?This, if I had to name one, is my go-to make-up essential.  It is a mascara like brush making application so easy.  It lasts all day. It is natural looking.  I am in love.
  • And of course my moleskine notebook.  I pretty much write the most random things in there.  It has diary entries from when Eleanor was born and to do lists.  Pretty much necessary to accompany me in every day life.


(Of course, Amber is going to remember to put all the liquids in bottles that can hold 4 ozs. or less, lest the TSA make her throw it out - ed.)

Well there it is.  What some items you always have in tow with you when traveling? 
Wish me luck, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment