happiness

Sitting in my living room you can still see the remnants of the first Athena Collective gathering we hosted!  Party cups and plates and a couple of beautiful vessels filled with flowers.  I could clean it up.  I will. The problem is I have been riding this wave of happiness and gratitude for the last few days and it is hard for me to throw those things away. (Am I gross?)  I know there will be more events. More laughs. More hugs. More conversations. More ideas!  But, is there anything more exciting than the rush you get from  "firsts?" (First dates, first kisses, first day on the job jitters, first time you met your best friend, your husband, your anything? For me the first time I heard Eleanor, my daughter, laugh.)
It is a great feeling -- to know that something you are passionate about happens to be something so many other women you LOVE are also passionate about.  I have talked about doing this, and then talked about doing that, and then talked some more.  But to be honest, fear got the best of me.  The "what if" factor just kind of ate my ambition.  What if no one comes? What if you can't get the following you crave for your community? But I didn't think "what if it is amazing?"  "What if" everyone comes up to you and says "I needed this," "thank you," "can i bring friends next time?"  Yes. Yes. And PLEASE YES!  
So, my cheesy cliche words of wisdom are: "do one thing you have always talked about doing." It doesn't have to be huge.  It can just be trying the new restaurant you always talk about going to.  Actually going out to coffee with your friend you promised months ago. Taking time for yourself once a week.  Saving that money.  Having your date night. Turning off your TV. Reading that book.  Choosing to follow through on the project you've put off.  That is my goal this month, and so far so good.  Moving forward.  Moving up. Choosing risk. Finding happiness. Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment